Red Dead Redemption 2 is one of the most ambitious big-budget games. In the game, Dutch Van der Linde’s group of ill-mannered misfits trudge into the hills after a disastrous heist in the nearby place named Blackwater. The game is, without any doubt, amazing but it is not free from glitches and errors. If you’re having issues launching Red Dead Redemption 2, don’t worry because you’re not the only one. Let’s check out the solutions to the Red Dead Redemption 2 not launching issue.
Check for Windows Updates
You should check for Windows updates by following these steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, hit on the Windows icon and select the Settings option.
- Beneath the section of Windows Update, select the ‘Check for updates’ option.
- If any updates are available, install them.
Adding the Game Folder to the Scan Exclusions List
You should add the game folder to the scan exclusions list by following these steps mentioned below:
- Navigate to the Windows Search section on your system.
- After that, insert ‘windows security’ into it and select the OK button to launch the Windows Security screen.
- Select the ‘Virus & threat protection’ tab and move down to the section of ‘Virus & threat protection settings.’
- Then select the ‘Manage Settings’ option.
- You should move down and beneath the section of Exclusions, choose the ‘Add or remove exclusions’ option.
- Select the ‘Add an exclusion’ option, then click on the File option.
- You should click on the ‘Windows (C:) then select the ‘Program Files’ folder.
- Move down, then pick the ‘Rockstar Games’ folder.
- Later, select the Red Dead Redemption 2 folder.
- You should move down and click on the ‘RDR2.exe.’
- In the confirmation prompt, select Yes.
- Finally, run the game.
Modify In-Game Graphics API to DirectX 12
You should modify the in-game graphics API to DirectX 12 by following these steps mentioned below:
- Navigate to the menu and click on the Settings option.
- Then choose the ‘GRAPHICS’ option.
- You should move down to the section of ‘Advanced Settings’ and don’t forget to mark the Unlocked option of Advanced Settings.
- Once you reach the section of ‘Graphics API,’ modify it to DirectX 12 by selecting the arrow icon.
- Later, hit the Enter button to save the changes.
- Now, reboot the launcher.
Remove Settings Folder
You should remove the settings folder by following these steps mentioned below:
- Hold the Windows and R keys simultaneously o to launch the Run prompt.
- Go to the Documents option and select the ‘Rockstar Games’ folder.
- You should choose the Red Dead Redemption 2 folder.
- Then remove the Settings folder.
Remove the Launcher Profile Information
You can remove the launcher profile information by following these steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, open the Rockstar Games Launcher on your system.
- Thereafter, click on the Settings.
- You should click on the ‘Account information’ option, reach the section of ‘Delete local profile’, and hit the DELETE button.
- Later, select the CONFIRM button.
- Now, login to the launcher, and open Red Dead Redemption 2.
Sam John is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, the internet, and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.